Reading Time: 5 Minutes –
This week we’ll be covering part two of our three-part blog series about the second generation of video walls. If you missed part one, “The New Standard Video Wall” click here to catch yourself up.
To give a brief overview, the Slim+ Video Wall (ZEN-series) features a mounted depth of less than 4”, allowing for compliance with the guidelines set forth by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). All models also feature Ultra Narrow Bezels (3.5mm combined), Auto-Condition Reporting Lite monitoring & diagnostics, and a Replaceable Controller Kit on all models.
Here’s a breakdown
- Display Sizes – Slim+ displays are available in 46” and 55” sizes.
- Brightness – Slim+ displays are available in two brightness options: 500nit and 700nit.
- Bezel Width – All models feature Ultra Narrow Bezels (3.5m combined bezel gap)
- Mounted Depth – Slim+ Video Walls feature a <4” mounted profile (depth) when combined with Z-Shift Slim Mounts, ensuring that these video walls are compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act if placed in accessible pathways.
- Mounts– The Slim+ is only <4” in depth when combined with our “Z-Shift Slim” Mount which allows for fast installation, easy alignment and maximum serviceability. As with all GPO Display proprietary mounts, side covers/trim are included for a clean, finished look.
- Inputs – In addition to DVI, VGA, and RS232C –Slim+ Video Walls also feature HDMI and DisplayPort inputs. These inputs make use of the DVI output for daisy-chaining purposes- only one daisy-chain is necessary, even if all three inputs are used.
- Overheating Prevention – This is a new function for all of our Second Generation video walls, allowing video walls to automatically power off before internal components are damaged from overheating associated with poor ventilation or other external factors.
- Included Features – The Slim+ also includes hardware and software to further improve serviceability and display diagnostics. With the addition of an ACR Hub – Auto-Condition Reporting Lite (a basic version of our comprehensive video wall health & status monitoring system) can help you keep tabs on video walls from remote locations and diagnose service issues without onsite troubleshooting or dismounting of displays. All Slim+ models also feature Replaceable Controller Kits, which grant access to the input/controller board for servicing and replacement without dismounting of displays.
Thanks for reading part two of our three-part blog series about the second generation of video walls. You can look forward to part three in the coming months, and if you miss it, we’ll be sure to refresh you during one of our newsletters. If you want to learn more about our video walls, click here. You can also contact us directly through our website by clicking here or by calling 510-659-9855.
See you next week!